Here’s a great short framework I heard on the Accidental Creative podcast this weekend while shoveling. I like it because it is a brief but effective scorecard of any creative project.
- Are we proud to put our names on this?
- Did we create a qualify end product that solves the problem?
- Did it honor the people involved?
- Was the process to produce the results an excellent process?
- Did the process honor the people involved in the work?
Did it honor the mission?
- Did we honor the overall mission of the organization?
- Does it support the foundational ‘why?’ of the organization?
I think I followed my mission on the MarathonBQ project. I think we had a quality process that created a quality product.
I think we honored the mission. I’m proud to put my name on it.